domenica 24 luglio 2022

Corso Business English. Business letters and e-mails part 1

http://englishlessonsluisapuppo.blogspot.it/2016/11/corso-inglese-intermedio-ebt-business.html

REFERENCES

Our ref.:
Your ref.:

RECEIVER’S ADDRESS

Mr Tom Jones
Tom Jones ltd
Vdfvjs
Jgsjhf
Swer London (UK)

For the attention of Mr Jones

DATE

22/11/2016
Gg mm aa

OPENING SALUTATIONS

Dear Sirs,
Dear Sir,
Dear Madam,
Dear Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Brown,

Dear Mrs Pitt,
Dear Miss Albertson,
Dear Ms Smith,

Hi/Dear Bob,
Hi/Dear Ann,
Hi/Dear Colleagues,
Hi/Dear Partners,

Hi/Dear All,

Ciao Ann,


SUBJECT

Dear Mr Jones,

Your letter dated 14th November

thank you for your letter which I received yesterday………………………………


I look forward to hearing from you…

… in the near future
… soon
… as soon as possible (asap)

An early reply would be greatly appreciated
A prompt response would be greatly appreciated
We would be grateful if you could provide us an early reply

CLOSING SALUTATIONS

Dear Sirs,
Dear Sir,
Dear Madam,
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours faithfully
Faithfully yours

Yours truly
Truly yours

Yours sincerely
Sincerely yours

Best/kind/= regards

Best wishes

All the best

INFORMAL We’ll get together next month in Berlin
FORMAL We will meet next month in Berlin

INFORMAL if you need further info, drop me a line
FORMAL if you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me/us
VERY FORMAL Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me/us

LANGUAGE FUNCTION: STARTING

With reference to our phone call,
Further to our phone call,

I am writing (in order) to… enquire/ask about
We acknowledge receipt of your letter

Thank you for your letter…
Thanks for your note…

This is to inform you that…

+ I am pleased/delighted to inform you that…
-      I regret to inform you that…
-      I am sorry to inform you that…

MAKING A REQUEST

Could you be so kind as to let me know…
Could you please/kindly let me know…
I would be grateful if you could let me know
Would you please let me know…
I need to know how you can…
(Please/Kindly) Let us know…

It would be appreciated if you could let us know…

Would you mind letting us know…

Please find attached/enclosed the invoices…

10/11/2016
Mm gg aa

The 22nd of November 2016
22nd November 2016

November the 22nd, 2016
November 22nd, 2016

Genoa,



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento